What are Brand Values on MatchSquare?
In the Story & Values section of your brand portal, you have various ways to customize your Brand's shop page on MatchSquare.
You will get the chance to add optional Values to your brand’s storefront page, which best reflect your Brand’s practices, identity, and help describe your business.
These Values can help Retailers find Brands that support and share principles and commitments that are important to them.
Please note, Brands on MatchSquare will be held accountable for using these Values accurately.
What Values can I add to my Brand Storefront?
You’ll find the following list of Values available to add to your Brand’s Story & Values page:
- Eco-friendly: Your Brand meets MatchSquare's requirements for sustainable materials and/or production. Your practices should include at least one of the following:
- At least 75% of your products and packaging are made from upcycled or recycled materials or sustainably sourced raw materials
- At least 75% of your products and packaging are compostable or biodegradable
- At least 75% of your ingredients are vegan, nontoxic, Fair trade, and/or hold organic certifications
- Your business is carbon neutral: Your business removes or offsets as much CO2 from the atmosphere as it produces
- Ethically Sourced : Your Brand’s products must, along all points of the supply chain, be obtained in an ethical way, which includes upholding rights, decent working conditions, health and safety, as well as practicing good business ethics.
- Not on Amazon: Your Brand’s products cannot be found on Amazon. Your Brand doesn’t sell your products directly on Amazon or distribute your products to Retailers who list your products on Amazon.
- Handmade: All your products are made or designed by you or your team. Your Brand does not work with an external production partner or mass produce your products.
- Organic: Your Brand uses all certified organic materials.
- We recommend you add more details on your organic certifications in your product information and/or Brand story.
- Women Owned: Your Brand is owned by an individual self-identifying as a woman.
Can Retailers shop through these Values?
Yes! Retailers are able to select Values in their filters when shopping, to help them find products that align with their values and commitments. Using Values can therefore help your Brand build relations with retailers who share similar commitment values through your products.
Does MatchSquare enforce the accuracy of these Values?
All Brands are able to self-select any Values they feel are relevant to their business. That said, Retailers on MatchSquare can open a dispute if they feel like a Brand is making misleading statements or claims about their Brand or Products. Our team investigates any and all Retailer disputes to ensure the best level of quality and transparency on the MatchSquare platform.
MatchSquare reserves the right to carry out spot checks by requesting supporting documentation for the use of the following tags: Organic, Ethically Sourced, Handmade, Eco-friendly.
Can I set these Values on a product level instead?
Not at this time. These Values are only available at the Brand level. We recommend being as detailed as possible in your product descriptions.